Category: Home Remodeling
Bathroom remodeling is one of the best ways of preparing a home for sale. After kitchen remodels, bathroom remodels are next in raising the sales value of your home. Bathroom remodeling ideas need not be reserved for a house that is to be sold, however. You can enjoy a bathroom remodel now, and know that it will be an advantage when the time comes to sell the home.Have a look at Bathroom Remodeling Johnson City TN for more info on this.
The home’s bathrooms are the rooms of heavy use. As such, they get a lot of wear and time. They also are seen many times each day. Bathroom remodels can keep your baths looking good and functioning properly.
There are many ways that you can remodel a bathroom. Here are a few ideas.
- Wall Tiles: Most contractors will tell you that 4 by 4 inch wall tiles are outdated. Replace them with 8 by 13 inch glazed ceramic tiles. The new tiles will be attractive and will help prevent mold. They will also keep your lower walls from being damaged by splashes from faucets. As part of your bathroom remodeling, paint the upper walls, and run a decorative border of tiles between lower wall tiles and the upper, painted wall.
- Floor tiles: Visible, light flooring can create a feeling of increased space. If your bathroom remodeling project is, at least in part, because your bathroom seems small, install 12 by 12 inch light-colored floor tiles diagonally. The lines and the light color will give the illusion of much more space.
- Heated Floor: Before you lay those floor tiles, consider heated floor as part of your bathroom remodeling project. Your whole family will appreciate them, and when it comes time to sell your home, heated bathroom floors will be an enormous selling point.
- Vanity: Use your bathroom remodeling as an opportunity to get clean, free lines. Replace the vanity with a new “floating” type that does not touch the floor. Choose one with a granite or marble countertop. If you like the granite when you’re done, your bathroom remodeling project can prepare you for replacing kitchen countertops later. You may want a granite vanity top with one of the new vessel sinks.
- Faucets: Faucets at the sink and tub are a wonderful place to begin a bathroom remodeling project. Once thought utilitarian, faucets have become stylish fixtures. At little cost, you can replace yours with vintage Victorian faucets, or sleek bamboo faucets resembling the bamboo fountain in an Asian garden.
- Toilets: Relocating a toilet can call for major bathroom remodeling. Replacing it, however, is a simpler task, and can quickly update an old bathroom. If you want to further update your bath, consider adding a bidet. This bathroom remodeling project may require a contractor.
- Lighting: Much bathroom remodeling falls short of its goal because overhead lighting is allowed to remain. While moisture resistant can lights above tub or shower can be helpful, an overhead light should be replaced by wall lights to increase the value of your bath.
- Shower: If space allows, consider adding a separate shower to your bath area. Keep the tub for a spa-like retreat, but install a shower, too, with body sprays. If you like the natural, spa idea, look for a shower that has stone surround tile. This bathroom remodeling idea is bound to increase the value of your home.
- Colors: The simplest bathroom remodeling project, and often an effective one, is to change the colors in the bathroom. If the bathroom remodel is being done to increase home value for sale, avoid unusual color combinations. Apply the tried and true 60-30-10 rule to your colors: 60 percent of your bathroom should be a dominant color, 30 percent a secondary color, and 10 percent an accent color.
Superior Home Solutions
129 Bentwood Lane, johnson city, TN 33040
Phone no: 3219784029
Kitchen Cabinets serve many useful purposes in the kitchen. They provide ample storage to keep cooking utensils and dishes, extra dishes, spices, and even appliances like blenders and mixers. Kitchen cabinetry is usually made of wood or metal and is placed above or on top of a countertop. It is usually made of solid hardwood and not of veneer, which give it a higher price tag. Have a look at West Fargo Kitchen Cabinets for more info on this. These cabinets have a high quality finish and therefore they require minimal maintenance. However, these units may need repainting every few years because they may take on an unattractive shade over time.
Usually, kitchen cabinets are comprised of four main types of drawers: the drawer under the door, the drawer above the door, the top portion of the drawer, and the bottom of the drawer. There are also specially designed cabinets that are called wine closets because they usually house a bottle or two of wine when not being used. These types of cabinetry also typically come with a variety of doors. Commonly used doors include wooden, metal, or plastic ones, although there are some varieties of kitchen cabinets that have glass doors.
One of the most common materials used for kitchen cabinets is solid wood, although particle board has also become quite popular. Another type of material commonly used for kitchen cabinets is engineered wood, which is made from solid layers of plywood or other materials, attached to a core of thin sheet metal and covered with a veneer. Other kinds of cabinetry, which can be considered part of the kitchen cabinets, include built-in bookcases, wall cabinet kits, under-counter refrigerator kits, bar stools, baker’s racks, chest organizers, laundry sinks, pantry shelves, sideboard drawers, overhead wire shelving, hanging rails, hangers, and towel bars.
Northern Prairie Cabinets
623 Main Ave E, Suite 203, West Fargo, ND 58078
Phone: (701) 367-0816
It’s best to start with the corner pieces, square them up, and then work your way toward the centre of the wall, where you’ll have more room to make modifications.Re-facing, which involves replacing or veneering the areas of the cabinet that are visible all of the time, is a choice if your budget is limited and you want to give your kitchen cabinet a fresh look. As a result, the cabinet boxes, also known as cases, retain their present layout but receive a fresh veneer finish. Drawer fronts and cabinet doors, for example, are fully replaced.Have a look at Exeter Kitchen Designer for more info on this.
It can be easier for you to locate the money for the overall cost of your home renovation project if you do your remodelling in stages. For example, if you want to replace your kitchen cabinets, it could be a good idea to start there first. After your kitchen cabinets have been rebuilt and you have additional money for remodelling, you might want to move on to the next remodelling project, such as upgrading the light fixtures in your kitchen. Taking one step at a time may not only make it easier for you to finance the cost of remodelling, but it may also help you make sure you’re choosing the right materials, supplies, and styles.
Where you get your supplies and components might have an impact on how much a home remodelling project cost. Whether you decide to complete all of your renovation at once or a little at a time, you’ll need to keep an eye on where you get your supplies. If you want to save the maximum money, consider buying at one of your local home improvement stores. Most DIY stores, particularly those that operate on a national scale, stock everything you’ll need for a kitchen remodel. You may also be able to locate the necessary supplies or components, such as kitchen sinks, kitchen sink pipes, home floor tiles, and kitchen light fixtures, in addition to the necessary instruments.
Benchmark Home Improvements
98 Epping Rd #39, Exeter, NH 03833
Phone no: (603) 262-1147
Kitchen remodeling is usually at the top of many homeowners’ wish lists. However, it is also, statistically, a leading cause of consumer disputes. Good recommendations from friends certainly are the perfect place to begin your search for an appropriate, experienced contractor. However, if you have already begun looking and have come across several candidates, what should you look for in a contractor?Learn more by visiting West Palm Beach kitchen remodeling company
One of the most important aspects of any kitchen-remodeling job is the kitchen cabinets. The quality and overall aesthetic appearance of the cabinets are the first impression you will give your guests when they visit your home. Whether you are upgrading to new cabinets, replacing ones that are worn out or installing custom cabinetry, make sure that the kitchen cabinet design you choose compliments the rest of the kitchen and is able to hold all of the necessary items that you will be storing in it. For example, if you are adding new cabinets to house all of your cake serving tools, you might want to choose a material that is more durable and appropriate for the material (cabinet design).
While some people choose to remodel kitchens with completely new cabinetry, another popular option is to remodel the cabinets but replace the countertops and other surfaces with new or used counter space. New countertops can include anything from granite to stainless steel to butcher block. This can give your kitchen a contemporary, ethnic, or even Gothic feel. If you choose to use new counter space to replace an old surface, however, it is a good idea to consider whether you would like to install new cabinets. Kitchen remodeling contractors can easily incorporate the new surfaces with the cabinets, or they may suggest a complete remodeling job.
Although a bathroom may be one of the smallest areas in a house, due to its compact nature it is one of the most costly and labor-intensive areas to renovate. Have a look at tips for a success remodel for more info on this. A master bathroom remodeling could involve many areas to be addressed such as tiling, plumbing, electrical and installations within a relatively small square foot area. Experts often classify such projects as less efficient due to the requirement for a one task at a time approach needed to be taken due to the locations tightness. Also smooth transition between each step, material procurement and delivery is required to ensure on-time target achievement.
Need For A Bathroom Remodeling Contractor
Selecting who would manage your master bathroom renovation project would highly depend on the overall project scope and outcomes to be achieved. You may opt to assign a licensed designer or architect as the project manager but it is the more common option to go with a general contractor for the purpose.
You may also chose to work with a team of professionals for master bathroom remodeling. Whilst you could most certainly act as your own general contractor, this would need more time and attention to be spent from your side which could ultimately lead to a full-time job. Also note that material sourcing would need to be handled by yourself or given to each of the professionals connected at each stage. In this instance the following professionals would be part of your team depending on the complexity.
-Cabinet installation professional
-Carpenter and painter
Be Prepared For The Unexpected
Ensure all lines of communication to you remain open as even though you may assign bathroom remodeling contractor, you also would essentially act as a project manager for your own bathroom remodeling or bathroom renovation project on which you had a dream of having bath in a luxury bathroom of your own. The most common aspect of any type of renovation is that there may always be unplanned expenses and situations to overcome. Most of the time you may not be able to avoid such costs but it is always important to make calculated decisions throughout the process and be able to justify the overage. Also do your homework to be able to decide yourself whether the numbers quoted by your partnering professionals is realistic. Whilst the cheapest option may not always be the best, it would be beneficial to obtain a few other quotations in the instance these numbers don’t feel right.
1523 Highland Ave
Louisville, KY 40204
Phone no: 502-889-6833